The Northcutt Family blog

This is a crazy, beautiful life we lead. "I came that they may have life and have it abundantly" -John 10:10




Monday, September 24, 2007

I've Been Tagged...

I've been tagged by Leslie and Summer, so here are my answers! How fun to do these!

1. What were you doing 10 years ago?
That would be September of 1997 - I was beginning my senior year of high school and we were all having so much fun! I was planning on going to Baylor, and in fact, it was the only school I applied to. My schedule was great - I had early release, so I was done with school at 12:50 everyday. I was involved with the drill team, the Emerald Belles, and was President - which means I basically planned the social activities for the team. I can't believe it's been 10 years!!

2. What were you doing 5 years ago?
September 2002....I had just started my first year teaching 5th grade at Eubanks Intermediate in Southlake. Matt and I were engaged, so I was busy planning our wedding (well, I should say being an assistant to my mom planning it). I was living at home and I was loving it! Everyday I'd get home from school and ask my mom what was for dinner, and I'd just get to relax. I was also saving so much money since I was living at home, so I shopped a lot.

3. What were you going 1 year ago?
I was a few months pregnant, and we had just gotten back from visiting our friends Erin and Eric Ytterberg in Indiana. They are Baylor friends and travel buddies. We went up there to visit them and go to a Notre Dame game since that is where Erin works. What a difference a year makes!

4. What did you do yesterday?
SO NOT FUN! Matt and I were sick in bed while my mom watched Reid. Ugh!!! That's all we did - layed in bed!

5. Snacks I enjoy ...
I think the question is, what don't I enjoy? I absolutely love yogurt or ice-cream (mostly I stick with yogurt) especially Braums soft serve twist yogurt, hershey's kisses, peanut-butter/banana/honey on a wheat English muffin (yum!), blueberries and bananas in Kashi Go-Lean cereal, apples, sandwiches - I guess these are more meal types - I don't really snack, but I love meals!

6. Things I would do with $100 million dollars ...
When asked this question in the 6th grade (except it was 1 million dollars) the first thing I said was "give $100 to the church" - pretty generous, huh! I thought it sounded like a lot. So, I'd definitely give some to the church. I guess my family might be a little upset if I didn't share with them, so I'd include them...after giving, I'd have plenty left over for me to:
*hire a chef, personal trainer, and maid who would clean every other day
*buy and furnish dream house (mansion)
*fly first class everywhere
*get my dream car - the big Lexus (yes, I'm jealous of you Summer!) :)
*go on a huge shopping spree where price is no object
*I'm sure there are so many other things that I would just have to have if I actually had the money

7. Locations I would run to ...
home - my parents' house, Hawaii, always - love it, Brazil, but I don't think I could ever live anywhere other than Texas!

8. Bad habits I have ...
I procrastinate - why do it today when you could do it tomorrow?, like Summer says, a little messy - and my husband would disagree with the little part too!, I HATE cleaning with a passion - we have a housecleaner, but that is soon to come to an end with me not working

9. Things I like to do:
I love going to the movies - even though we don't go very often
going out to eat
going shopping
working-out
hanging out with friends and family
spending time with little Reid
blogging and looking at other blogs
playgroups

10. Biggest joy of the moment:
Reid, of course!! I'm in the "parents" club- I get what being a parent and mom is!

Ok...I tag Kara, Dena, Amy, Brittney and Alli... YOU'RE IT!

No comments: