The Northcutt Family blog

This is a crazy, beautiful life we lead. "I came that they may have life and have it abundantly" -John 10:10




Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Arboretum Fun

Today we met some friends at the arboretum for the mommy and me Monday. We took pictures by the pumpkin patch, ate a picnic lunch with our friends, listened to some music put on by Kindermusic, and then Reid, Porter and Sutton splashed around in a fountain - I think they thought that was the best part of all! Annie and I drove there and back together - we just put the boys in their carseats and they enjoyed sitting next to each other! Leaving the arboretum, both boys looked so sleepy in the car - they were worn out from all the fun! We got home around 2:00 - an hour after Reid normally goes down for naps- and I thought he would just crash and take a nice long nap! HAHA! He was in his crib for about an hour just talking, he might have slept for 20 minutes, but then was ready to get out. So much for that! Oh well, it was worth it for the fun day at the arboretum. (There are a lot of pictures because I took a lot and I couldn't decide which ones I liked the best) Also, despite Reid's expressions, he really enjoyed his day! When he's doing something new, or really enjoying something, he has this "serious, studying" facial expression that he keeps throughout his exploration time. :)

Pumpkins and hay! Can't go wrong with that combo!




Reid loved seeing all the pumpkins!


Sutton (12 mos.), Reid (18 mos.), Porter (13 mos.)



Mommy and Reid





Giving the pumpkins a hug


Lots of Reid's buddies! Porter, Chapman, Reid, Hudson, Blake, Sutton

Sutton, Reid, Porter splashing around in the fountain


A bird!!

Maybe I can catch him!!

Stroller line-up!

2 sleepy boys. It's exhausting being active boys!

12 comments:

Kelli said...

Such a handsome guy! Looks like fun. :)

Natalie said...

We were there Monday morning too! I can't believe we didn't see you!

Dunhams said...

I'm SO sad that I had to miss that! It looked like such a fun time. Reid looks so sweet and fall-ish in his cute little outfit with all those pumpkins.

Donnell Days said...

I just love that he was giving the pumpkins hugs!! :)

The Penuels said...

So fun seeing you guys :) You got some great pictures!!

Elyse said...

One handsome dude you have there! I CAN tell that he is having fun. Looks like fun to me too!
Love the pictures.
~Elyse~

Kara Wilson said...

I love these pictures! The one of you & Reid is so beautiful!! I can't wait for our trip to the pumpkin patch!! :)

Cara Carroll said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun!!! The pics of Reid are TOO precious! Can't wait to see you guys this week!! We miss y'all last Thursday :(

Liz and Garth said...

These are great! I just love fall pictures with kids on pumpkins. Too cute! I hope all is well with you guys. :>)

Leslie said...

The pics are too cute. Y'll always have so much fun. We are going there on Friday for Cody's one year pics that are a little over 2 months late. Ohe well... I hope that they turn out just as cute as yours.

Chris, Whitney, and Leighton said...

For some reason I thought you grew up in Denton. Hmmmmm.. looks like I was paying attention during the slideshow when your sister was rushing. :( Did your parents live in Southlake or Keller?

Hunter, Amanda, Hudson and Maddie said...

such cute pictures...it was fun seeing y'all. love the one of him hugging the pumpkin!! hope to get together soon!