The Northcutt Family blog

This is a crazy, beautiful life we lead. "I came that they may have life and have it abundantly" -John 10:10




Sunday, January 18, 2009

Family Movie Night turned Disaster...

Sidenote: For the last month or so Reid has had a rash around his mouth from all the drooling (he's getting his other molars) and from the paci he uses when he sleeps. The doctor prescribed some steroid cream to put on it, so it's getting better but you can still see it. Also, you'll notice that his hands are constantly in his mouth! Man, am I ready for all the teething to be done!!!!

After reading on my friend Summer's blog about a Family Movie Night, I thought that would be the perfect way to spend our Saturday night. We ordered pizza, gave Reid a bath, all got into our comfy clothes/pajamas, turned off all the lights, got our movie snack of slice and bake cookies and milk, and settled in to watch the Bee Movie. At first, Reid was really into it and just cuddled with me on the couch, but after awhile he decided that it was more fun to run around the family room. We decided to go ahead and put him to bed, and I was putting up the remote that he had taken when he ran through the family room, tripped on Lily's bed, and face planted into an iron, pointy magazine holder (said holder is now put up and out of way). Of course he started crying and when I picked him up, noticed that he had cut just beneath his eye and his nose was bleeding (but not profusely). We gave him some loving, and after a little bit he stopped crying and hasn't acted like it has bothered him since. Kids are so tough! So, we're hoping the next Family Movie Night will not be so dramatic!
Family picture, beginning of Movie Night when all is well


Daddy and Reid

Reid, into the movie

Offender...

Aftermath...
(The redness under the cut is part of the aftermath, I think he also scraped his cheek when he fell. That's not part of the rash I was referring to earlier.)

6 comments:

Chelsi said...

Awww! Poor Reid! Family movie night sounds like fun! I think we may have to copy that idea too!

Hunter, Amanda, Hudson and Maddie said...

oh...bless his heart. so cute of y'all on the couch watching the movie. i love your food ideas...i might have to start cooking!!!=)

Lucy said...

Poor, Reid. What a tough little guy. I'm glad it hasn't seemed to bug him since.

I think our family movie night would go the same way as yours. We don't do much sitting and watching these days. I could only dream.

S, J, B, & S said...

Oh shoot! So sorry the evening did not go well. :( Hugs to Reid for his new booboo ... no fun!!!

Jazen said...

When I first read this, I read it as if you had fallen. I laughed just a bit b/c of the visual. I'm so glad I read on to see that it was Reid (only b/c they are more resilient than us). Happy he is so tough. Battle wounds are good stories.

Dunhams said...

Poor sweet boy! You'll have to try movie night again sometime anyway :)