The Northcutt Family blog

This is a crazy, beautiful life we lead. "I came that they may have life and have it abundantly" -John 10:10




Monday, May 11, 2009

We *heart* Art! (and Mommy friends!!!)

On Friday, about 20 moms and 20 toddlers met together at Kids ‘N’ Art for a super-sized play date with an art project!  Let me just say that Kids N Art did a FABULOUS job of keeping 20 toddlers (plus a few infants!) entertained!  First, the kids were able to play in a room with toys, musical instruments, etc. and then they moved into another room where they did their art project.  I was surprised, but Reid was way into his art!  He sat there and painted, glued, and loved doing his handprint.  The art project was the perfect amount of time because right when Reid announced that he was “all done” it was time to go back in to the other room so the kids could play some more.  Reid’s art project now hangs on our refrigerator and he is so proud of it!!!

I am so thankful to have so many Mommy friends in the area!  Who knew that when Matt and I moved so far “north” (as we felt like we were doing) that it would be the absolute best move because I have made so many lifelong friends.   I love how we can organize a playgroup and have so many people there!  We’ve also started a Mom’s Night Out twice a month where we all get to actually have a full conversation!  If any of you “Houston people” ever get the inkling, I know the perfect place for you to move and call home!  ;)

KidsArt1

 DSC_3575  DSC_3576DSC_3579 DSC_3581 DSC_3582 DSC_3583 DSC_3584 DSC_3588 DSC_3589 DSC_3590 DSC_3591 DSC_3592 DSC_3594 DSC_3595DSC_3609 DSC_3596 DSC_3599 DSC_3600 DSC_3602

13 comments:

Elyse said...

COOL...looks like you and Reid had a great time!
~Elyse

B.E.A.L. said...

wow...that looks like it was so much fun! the pictures of reid are precious~so glad he enjoyed it!

it was so great actually meeting you the other night....I look forward to the next time!

ThePoeFam said...

So fun...I would love to go!!! Let's plan it again soon! :) I hated to miss! ... And, I loved catching up on all of your posts!!!...so many cute ones...and, I absoultely love your sweet baby boy's name! :) LOVE YOU..and MISS YOU! It's bee FOREVER!

The Leonard Four said...

we had such a great time! it was crazy, but so fun! nothing like a little organized chaos to wrap up the week! can't wait to see you and reid again on thursday! :)

Liz and Garth said...

This looks so fun, Meredith! And Reid is too cute sitting there doing his art project. I only hope that when my baby is born I can find a playgroup as great as yours. Hopefully there are other "Houston people" out there having a baby when I am! :-)

tiffany | monuments and melodies said...

Ummm, Houston folk here....would totally LOVE to be a part of this fun & frivolous group of mommies!! Wish I would have known back when I actually lived in Dallas for 10 years!! Paige and I will just have to make more frequent road trips!!

Looks like everyone had such a great time! What a great idea!

The Johnson Family 5 said...

We have been having so much fun lately!! I just love our little playdates and MNO time!! It's been great getting to know you better! i feel like i can really call you my friend now ;) PS..Houston folk it is really time for a d trip..stat!

Annie said...

Love your pics! I love the ones of Reid at the table! So cute!!! We had so much fun! What a fun day that was! I think I was more tired that Sutton was!!

The Rodriguez Crew said...

hey hey houston here!! i'll sound like a broken record and say it: I'm SO sad I can't be a part of this frivolous fun!! SO SAD that jagger can't have fun with all of these cute boys (and girls!)!

what a FUN activity for the kiddos... love it! good Lord I think if we DO come to dallas, we'll have to stay a month to do fit in all of this cool stuff y'all are discovering!!

Reid is cute as EVER!! :)

Lindsay Wagner said...

SO much fun!!! I was sad to have to miss it, especially since we were in town!!!

Chelsi said...

That looks like SO mcuh fun!! I am definatly going to have to look into that for the summer..especialy sicne it's so close to my house!! The picts of Reid at the table are so precious. He sure is getting big!!

Cara Carroll said...

You got some GREAT pics!! We had so much fun with everyone :) I'm glad Landon got to sit right across from Reid while they were painting...I was really hoping Landon would take some cues from Reid, but no such luck. Just as crazy as ever. Can't wait to see you guys this week!! Love ya!

Dunhams said...

It was such a fun day!! I absolutely love all those pictures of Reid working on his project...he looks so cute!