The Northcutt Family blog

This is a crazy, beautiful life we lead. "I came that they may have life and have it abundantly" -John 10:10




Sunday, September 30, 2007

Follow the scent...

I LOVED Natalie's post about pumpkins, being a pumpkin lover myself. Check out her blog for some great pumpkin ideas! Here's another good pumpkin recipe (or so I assume- haven't made it, but it looks good!) Click here to see what it looks like (I need someone to show me how to upload pics from the web)

Spicy Pumpkin Cake with Chocolate Chunks
Recipe Rating: Prep Time: 20 minTotal Time: 1 hr 30 mnMakes: 16 servings, one slice

1 pkg. (2-layer size) spice cake mix
1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened, divided
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
6 squares BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
2 Tbsp. sugar
PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Prepare cake mix as directed on package, reducing water to 1/2 cup and increasing oil to 1/2 cup. Add half of the cream cheese, the pumpkin, cinnamon and ginger. Beat on medium speed until well blended. Stir in chopped chocolate. Pour into greased 12-cup fluted tube pan or 10-inch tube pan.
BAKE 40 to 45 min. or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 min. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
MIX remaining cream cheese, whipped topping and sugar until well blended. Spread on top of cooled cake. Cut into 16 slices to serve

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Is this the one in the Kraft magazine? If it is..I've made it and it is yummy!!! I have a fun pumpkin roll recipe that is really good...I'll try to remember to send it your way. Happy FALL!