The Northcutt Family blog

This is a crazy, beautiful life we lead. "I came that they may have life and have it abundantly" -John 10:10




Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Carrie's Baby Shower

My mom and I helped host (along with Lindsey, high school friend, and her mom) a baby shower for Carrie (another high school friend.) Carrie is having a little girl in March and I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!!! My mom has been collecting fun shower decorations for awhile now from antique stores, flea markets, etc. because she loves decorating with unique finds! We had a brunch shower (which are some of my most favorite foods) complete with cake balls for dessert! Here are pics, except I mostly got pics of the decorations and not people.

The "food" table -




Hanging from the chandelier were old baby cups (got this idea from when we hosted Summer's shower), and then you put that planter foam inside, and stick a flower in it!


Carrie and John are naming their baby Emily Grace, so that is spelled with old alphabet blocks; then there are random antique baby pictures, and antique bronze shoes

An antique tiered stand paired with a new Southern Living one :)



The "drink" table




The table where everybody signed in




The "young girl" picture, as Carrie said


These are some Craigslist findings my mom found - this sits on her desk and she normally puts the little silver baby cups on top to hold desk supplies


This is an old sewing organizer that my mom puts in her bathroom



3 comments:

Kara Wilson said...

Oh my gosh... your mom is so creative! The table is absolutely STUNNING! What a fun and beautiful shower!!!! I am so excited for Carrie!

Annie said...

I had so much fur at the shower! Yall did such a great job for Carrie and baby Emily!

ThePoeFam said...

Y'all did a great job!!! I love that you painted that scale pink...SO CUTE! :)