Reid's 2 year check-up was Friday at 2:30....now, that time might mean nothing to you, but to us it was right smack dab in the middle of nap time. When I made the appointment, Matt wanted me to make it as late as was available and that was the latest. I thought to myself, this is a bad idea to have him miss his nap...but of course, kept the appointment. I learned something: never. schedule. an. appointment. during. nap.!!!!! He cried while we were trying to talk to the doctor and finally I remembered that they had suckers and so got him one and that helped tremendously and we were good to go! (He fell asleep on the way home so he got a little nap in...it was early bedtime that night!) Here are Reid's 2 year stats, and the questions I had for the doctor as well as answers (I know I always like to see what other people are asking and what their doctors say!):
Weight: 27 pounds (42%)
Height: 36" (85%)
Head: 19 1/8 (45%)
Questions I had:
1. Whole or 2% milk? Switch to 2%.
2. Paci - not really a question, just told the doctor that at some point between ages 2 and 3 we are planning on getting rid of "bobby" for good!
3. Switching to big boy bed - do we have a consequence if he gets out of the bed? (I've been meaning to update, but so far - knock on wood - climbing out of the crib has only been a one-time performance, so we've held off on switching him to a bed) The doctor said they did, but here's what I'm thinking we will do...I really don't care if he ends up sleeping on the floor, so we'll make it to where he can't get out of his room, but after that, we won't discipline if he gets out of bed. We'll also make sure that there's nothing in his room that he can pull down, etc.
4. Dinner - Reid is a picky eater and we finally have breakfast and lunch down, but he still only eats the Lil' Entrees that Gerber makes for dinner and I want him to eat what I make. So, I asked the doctor when I can enforce this and he said that they did around 30 months. Reid has about 6 months until the Crackdown begins! At that point, I haven't decided if I'm going to make him eat what we eat, no question, or do the 3 bite rule and if he doesn't like it he can have something else. Thoughts on this??
5. Now the big question: POTTY TRAINING!!! For the last few weeks Reid has become increasingly more interested in going pee pee in the potty. He's been going pee pee in the big potty, and then getting 2 M&Ms when he does go, so yesterday at Target I decided it was time to buy his own potty and get some big boy underwear. Since doing that, he's wanted to go pee pee a lot! Today he was trying so hard to go, because he knows he doesn't get M&Ms unless he does something, and then said, "poo poo" and out came the teensiest, tiniest bit of poo! Well, we still made a big deal about it. So, my question is to all you seasoned potty trainers - what did you do at this point? Did you start the full fledged potty training?