Pumpkin Banana Muffins
Servings: 24 substantial muffins
4 cups whole wheat flour
4 tsp. baking powder
4 tsp ground cinnamon (I use 2 tsp. cinnamon and 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice)
2 tsp. ground ginger
2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
15 ounces pumpkin, cooked or from a can
4 large eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup banana, very ripe, mashed
1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350, grease or line muffin tins with paper liners
2. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
3. Stir so it's well mixed.
4. Combine pumpkin, eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar, bananas and oil in a large mixing bowl; beat until smooth.
5. Gradually beat in flour mixture, beat until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
6. Spoon into prepared pans or tins.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until toothpick inserted into the middle of the muffin comes out clean.
8. Remove muffins to a wire rack as soon as they come out of the oven.