The Northcutt Family blog

This is a crazy, beautiful life we lead. "I came that they may have life and have it abundantly" -John 10:10




Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Pumkana or Banumpkin Muffins (or Pumpkin Banana Muffins)

I had some very ripe bananas, and a can of pumpkin, so I thought I would see if I could find a recipe for Pumpkin/Banana bread. I found this recipe and it's delicious! and healthy! Although, I made a slight change - I added chocolate chips...Anyway, it's great for breakfast, snack or dessert, and my picky taste tester (aka finicky toddler, Reid) LOVES them! Let me know if you try them and what you think!



Pumpkin Banana Muffins

Servings: 24 substantial muffins

4 cups whole wheat flour

4 tsp. baking powder

4 tsp ground cinnamon (I use 2 tsp. cinnamon and 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice)

2 tsp. ground ginger

2 tsp. baking soda

1/2 tsp. salt

15 ounces pumpkin, cooked or from a can

4 large eggs

1 cup granulated sugar

1 cup packed brown sugar

3/4 cup vegetable oil

1 cup banana, very ripe, mashed

1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 350, grease or line muffin tins with paper liners

2. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.

3. Stir so it's well mixed.

4. Combine pumpkin, eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar, bananas and oil in a large mixing bowl; beat until smooth.

5. Gradually beat in flour mixture, beat until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.

6. Spoon into prepared pans or tins.

7. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until toothpick inserted into the middle of the muffin comes out clean.

8. Remove muffins to a wire rack as soon as they come out of the oven.

7 comments:

Annie said...

Loved them! Sutton ate some on our way home!!!!

Cara Carroll said...

OMG! I brought them home and ate them (both) for breakfast this morning! SO.GOOD!!!! Can't wait to make them this weekend!! Thanks for sharing!!

Mandy said...

Sound yummy! Thanks. Abby is quite the carb girl. I am sure she will love them.

Donnell Days said...

They were so yummy...can't wait to make them myself!!

Nicole said...

this recipe sounds delish! definitely need to bake these soon. :) i've been in the mood for choc chip pumpkin muffins. made some a few years back and was looking online for the recipe again. i like the idea of adding bananas!

TeamRiss said...

Reid looks like he likes them! I will definitely be trying this recipe out- thanks!

Leslie said...

thanks. always looking for good recipes!